Food: Mac and Cheese

12:24:00











I use to really adore Mac and Cheese, a handful of years ago I use to buy the Sainsbury's 3 for £5 takeaway pasta options and I'd always get a mac and cheese (thats kinda why I opted for them). I love cheese and when it melted and crispy it's just delicious. Since moving out I buy my food a little more responsibly and I never have those freezer takeaways. So one day I decided to actually make it, because as much as heinz do a great job - their tinned mac and cheese just doesn't cut it.

I've been having this dish for a little while now and it's quick and filling. All the ingredients in this recipe are from ASDA but, obviously you can get them everywhere! The Macaroni cheese pasta sauce is so nice, it has double cream in it which adds the kick into the dish. It's really creamy and full of flavour - you don't have to over load your pasta with the sauce because it spreads really well! I know that the sauce has enough cheese in it to make the dish but I always love to sprinkle cheese on top to get that bubbling layer that also adds to the crispy-ness. The cheese that I have used on top is Red Leicester Cheese, it's one of my favorites. It's creamy and a little tangy - but not too harsh. I included some cherry tomatoes into my dish just to just an extra juicy flavour to break down all that cheese in there..

On the side I had a Ciabatta roll - I absolutely love this italian bread, nothing can beat it. I buy them frozen so that I can have them whenever I feel like it (less costly this way too!)

If you make this dish, then enjoy xx

Ingredients:
Total ingredients £5.66

FOLLOW ME :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments