Things to Do in Crete, Rethymno

08:52:00

Rethymnon is a beautiful place situated on the Island of Crete which is Greek Island. I visited here in September 2014 and I thought it would be a good idea to share what I did, as summer season approaching. If you're heading to Crete, let me know how you get on :)

See the turtle eggs hatch


If you're heading here between July - August, chances are you'll grab a chance at seeing the sea turtle eggs hatch. Sadly, we went there in mid September and they'd already hatched. It was great to see none of the less, as the nest was still there and you could see their trail from the beach to the sea.

The sea turtles are very protected by Crete, which is something I adore and respect, so if you do go there between the hatching months be sure to check out rules and guidelines on the beach. You can find the nests between beaches of Adelianos Kambos and Rethymno. 


things to do in rethymnon crete

Amazing food places 


Noodle Bar 

Where: Sof. Benizelou 50, Rethymnon, Crete 74100, Greece

Sorry I don't have any photographs of this place, I was just so hungry I forgot about photographs.. If you love Japanese cuisine then you'll love this place. The interior and exterior is clean and fresh looking compared to anytihng on the high street of Rethymnon. You get free WiFi here & there are great options for vegetarians! 

You can expect anything from spring rolls, rice dishes and noodle dishes. 

Coffee Bar on Adele Beach

From Adele Beach Bungalows Hotel you can access a good few beach cafes which is great when you want to lay on the beach all day. We missed breakfast one of the days so we headed down to one of the coffee places on the beach. They do a killer fruit bowl and sweet, sweet orange juice that'll fill you right up. 

things to do in rethymnon crete


Shop in the wonderful alleyways of Old Town Rethymnon


A bus into the old town of Rethymnon is a must, you'll see plenty (including beaches & culture). 
Usually, when I visit a place I never go shopping because I know for a fact that it'll be full of places with tourist gifts, and that's just not my style. But in Rethymnon, you'll be surprised. A lot of the shops do sell similar things but you will find items such as statues of gods, electronics, beautiful leather bags, as well as Greek inspired furniture. One thing I enjoyed shopping for was the beauty shops, they invest a lot of Olive oil into their products and I grabbed myself some olive oil soaps and creams, I must say they were really lovely products.  

We stopped by this really pretty bakery that do creative wedding cakes and birthday cakes too! 

things to do in rethymnon crete

See White Churches 


Crete is splattered with the most whitest churches I've ever laid eyes on. They're truly a work of art and so pretty to just admire, whatever your religious background. 

things to do in rethymnon crete


Board a Pirate Ship! 


The one thing we didn't do in Rethymnon Old Town was to board the pirate ship! I wish we had because it looks so awesome. You can find this right by the beach in the town centre. Plus if you're just in the centre right by the docks you can access to FREE Wifi (total win). 


things to do in rethymnon crete

things to do in rethymnon crete


See the culture


The one thing I love about visiting a place is the opportunity to stumble on something new. When we got the bus into the old town we decided to just aimlessly walk around. We walked through amazing alleyways where the locals live & if anything that was a wonderful experience, as it looks totally different to the outskirts of the city. 

things to do in rethymnon crete

things to do in rethymnon crete

These are my top tips & things to do while in Rethymnon! After reliving this, I feel like going back asap! x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks so much fun! I'm hoping to go away soon. Maybe to Crete!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is fab!
    Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    I'd like us to support eachother :-)
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete